Welcome to Year 6
The Year 6 teacher is Mrs Thackray and the teaching assistant supporting in Year 6 is Mrs Hanley.
A Typical Day in Year 6
- 08.35-8.55-Children come into school/ register
- 09.00-09.30-Carousel (handwriting, English activities)
- 09.30-10.30-English hour
- 10.30-10.45- Morning Break
- 13.00-13.05-Register and Christian Meditation
- 13.05-14.15-R.E/Science/Foundation Subjects/PE
- 14.15-14.30-Afternoon Break
- 14.30-15.25-R.E/Science/Foundation Subjects/PE
- 15.30 – Home time
Year 6 participate in swimming lessons for a half term during the calendar year. This occurs on a Wednesday morning after playtime.
Children in Year 6 sit the Key Stage 2 SATS in May each year.