Welcome to Year 6
Useful Class Information:
Homework Diary – to be in school every day. Please check their homework and sign it each week. This will be checked on a Tuesday.
- Children have written a timetable in the front of diary so they know when homework is set and due in.
- Reading – every night for 15 minutes. Please sign your child’s diary to show that they have read to you each day. School days children need to be reading their “school book”. Over the weekend, it is their choice what they read (magazine, football programme, internet article, comics etc…)
- Homework will be given out on a Thursday and is due in the following Tuesday. If children wish to bring it in sooner – even better! We are hoping to have a homework club up and running very soon on either a Thursday or Friday (possibly lunchtime or afterschool)
- Spellings will be given out on a Tuesday and tested the following Tuesday along with a times tables test as the weeks go on it could be doubling numbers, multiplying by 10, 100, 100 and so on.. A mental maths test will take place every Tuesday in Maths lesson and scores will be recorded in their homework diaries.
- Any problems with homework children can come and see me on Friday or Monday…If homework isn’t completed, they will be expected to complete it during lunchtimes. This is good practice for Secondary School.
Typical Day in Year 6:
9:00-9.30am Handwriting / English activities (reading, grammar or spellings)
1.10-1.20pm Independent tasks (reading, handwriting, maths task)
1.30-2.30pm Foundation subjects (PE, Science, ICT, French, Theme) 2.30-3.15 Foundation subject
3.15-3.30pm tidy up, letters, class reading.
3:30pm Home time
In Year 6, your child will have two sessions of PE so if your child can have their PE kit in all week, this would be beneficial.
What have we been up to in Year 6?
Autumn 1 2015 Y6 Autumn 1 2015