Welcome to Year 5
The Year 5 teacher is Mrs Bissell and the teaching assistant in Year 5 is Mrs Lauder. Mrs Hanley also supports the delivery of Year 5 Maths.
A Typical Day in Year 5
- 09.00-09.30-Carousel/Collective Worship
- 09.30-10.30-English hour
- 10.30-10.45- First Break
- 10.45-12.00-Mathematics and Mental Maths
- 12.00-13.00-Lunchtime and Lunchtime Prayers
- 13.00-13.05-Register and Christian Meditation
- 14.15-14.30-Second Break
Year 5 participate in swimming lessons for a half term in the Spring term. This occurs on a Wednesday morning after playtime.
Curriculum Overview 2017/18
Please click below for a curriculum overview for each term.
- Curriculum Topic Year 5 Autumn Term 2017/18
- Curriculum Topic Year 5 Spring Term 2017/18
- Curriculum Topic Year 5 Summer Term 2017/18
Details of our full curriculum can also be found here.
During anti-bullying week, Year 5 linked their English. PHSE and thinking skills to complete writing and drama activities to reflect kindness and respect for others. These are some of the leaflets they produced to support what they’d learned.