Welcome to Year 4
Useful Class Information
- P.E day- Tuesday pm
- Homework given on a Friday (10 spellings, a literacy task and a numeracy task from set teacher). Literacy and numeracy homework to be handed in by following Tuesday- spellings are kept at home to be learnt through the week.
- Spellings/ all times tables and division facts (mixed and out of 12) tests on Friday am
- Change school library book on Weds PM
- Children can change their reading book any day- just place in box in classroom for teacher to sign.
In Numeracy , Year 4 will be adding and subtracting using the column method answering word problems using RUCSAC method compass directions/ fractions/ co ordinates area and perimeter tally charts and pictograms
In Literacy, Year 4 will be doing Ddescriptive story settings/ explanation texts/ persuasive writing/playscripts/ newspaper reports/Dilemma story writing /instructions.
In R.E. Year 4 will learn about belonging to the church/Jesus the savior/ Jesus the teacher/ Trust in God/ Mission of the church/ The Bible/ Reflecting quietly.
In Foundation, Year 4 will learn about the Vikings/ The Tudors/Kenya/‘World outside my window’- environment topic.
In Science, Year 4 will learn about Friction/ Solids and liquids/ Keeping warm/ Electricity/ Habitats/ The skeleton
A Typical Day in Year 4
- 8.55am-9.00am- Registration/ dinner money on a Monday
- 9.00am-9.30am- Super Sentences session
- 9.30am-10.30am- Literacy lesson
- 10.30am-10.45am- Break time
- 10.45am-12.00am- Numeracy with set teacher (apart from Weds morning)
- 12.00-1.10pm- Lunchtime
- 1.10pm-1.20pm- Quiet reading/ registration
- 1.20pm-3.00pm- Range of foundation subjects including R.E, Science, Thinking Skills, P.E., ICT, (Wednesday pm – Numeracy)
- 3.00pm-3.30pm- Class reading book/ Prayers for home time/ Class assembly / Good work and gold book assembly.
What have we been up to in Year 4?
Autumn 1 2015 Overview Autumn 1 Year 4