Welcome to Year 2
Useful Class Information
- Monday -PE day
- Tuesday hand in Homework (given out on a Friday)
- Wednesday – Children visit the Library but can change home reading books any day as long as they put them in the box in class.
- Friday – Spelling and Times Tables Test and Homework given out
We have lots of fun along with continuing to develop our independence.
In Literacy the children will concentrate on punctuating sentences, using adjectives to describe and using a connective to extend a sentence.
In Numeracy the children will be learning all times table facts up to 12 x 12. They will be reinforcing number bonds to 10, 20 and 100. Children will use number lines and grids to add and subtract before learning how to add using column addition.
A Typical Day in Year 2
- 9:00 – 10:00– Super Sentences
- 10:00 – 10:30– Read Write Inc
- 10:45 – 12:00– Numeracy
- Afternoons– PE, RE, Science, Thinking Skills
What have we been up to in Year 2?
Autumn 1 2015 Autumn 1 Year 2