Welcome to Year 1
Useful Class Information
- Monday- return reading and library books to be changed.
- Tuesday- Homework to be returned. Spelling jobs.
- Wednesday- Mental maths jobs.
- Thursday- P.E kits needed. Homework issued.
In English, the children will develop phonic and sentence knowledge with the Read Write Inc scheme. Children will begin ‘Big Writing’ in the Spring Term where they will explore their reading and writing through genres.
In Mathematics, The children will be learning and using number bonds to 10/20, will use number lines and 100 square to aid addition and subtraction; learn how to tell the time to the hour and half hour using analogue and digital clocks.
In Religious Education over the year, the children will explore the topics: Families, Belonging, Waiting, Special People, Meals, Change, Holidays and Holydays, Being Sorry and Neighbours. As well as exploring their own beliefs and other religions.
In Science, with Mrs Calvert, the children will learn about themselves, forces, growing plants, light and dark, materials and sound and hearing.
In P.E. the children will dance, develop their throwing and catching skills, play games and gymnastics.
A Typical Day in Year 1
- 09.00-09.30-Carousel/Collective Worship
- 09.30-10.30-Read, Write, Inc./English hour
- 10.30-10.45- First Break
- 10.45-12.00-Mathematics and Mental Maths
- 12.00-13.10-Lunchtime and Lunchtime Prayers
- 13.10-13.15-Register and After Lunch Prayers
- 13.15-14.15-R.E/Science/foundation subjects
- 14.15-14.30-Second Break
- 14.30-15.30-R.E/Science/foundation subjects